Tuesday, January 10, 2012

My Last California Lunch

The day before Mattia left Santa Barbara, last June.

I decided to treat myself with the best possible wine and food tour I would want. Hopped in the car with two friends Beth and Edo (who is soon going to be a special guest cook on this blog, so stay tuned), we drove up to Los Olivos, about 45 minutes aways from Santa Barbara. It's a small farmer's town famous for good local wine and steaks, with a perfect not-so-warm summer weather to sit outside. I have really good memories of that day.


For lunch we had beef filet with homemade french fries and rucola and three different types of dessert: the best vertical tiramisù of my life, chocolate brownie with caramel sauce and vanilla ice cream, and a little chocolate cream filled cake with raspberries on top.

YES YES YES, it was just as good as it looks like!!

We have a flight waiting for us on Thursday. We are ready for a five days vacation in London, and be sure we'll take a lot of photographs and show you all the fantastic food we will have!!
.

3 comments:

  1. Everything looks delectable, especially the beef filet! Looking at how juicy it is makes me super hungry! It would be nice to add thinly slice shallots and fresh Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese on to the rucola salad, don’t you think?

    Liz Peters

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Liz. My mouth watered when I saw the delicious photos above. Haha! I wish you can post the recipe or at least give a steak recipe that’s easy for us to do. I want to surprise my parents this weekend by cooking a steak dish for them since I know they’ll love it! :D


    Alex Staff

    ReplyDelete